Sunday, July 4, 2010

Blogger: Paul

We have now been here for five days. I am finally starting to get rid of the jet lag. Last night was the first night that I got a decent sleep. The food has been good but I am starting to wish for a Hamburger. The team is really coming together. The kids are getting to know each other and I am getting to know more about them as well. We had an orientation from Habitat Vietnam today and the build will start tomorrow. We went for a walk today through one of the local markets. You can get everything from car parts to medicine . Everything being sold on the streets and out in the open. We also walked to a local supermarket which was very similar to home. We all bought some cookies and chips and soft drinks. On the way home it started to rain and we all got soaked.
Everyone seems to be anxious to get the build underway. The kids are all excited and very eager, hopefully the excitement will last all week. We have a lot of work to do in a very short time. I am starting to really miss my family and I think about them constantly. My wife gave me 2 medallions before I left, St. Christopher to keep me safe while I travel and St. Joseph to keep me safe while I build. They jangle together around my neck and remind me of home.

Paul

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
We miss you too! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
Love you lots
Krista and Vianna :)

Dawn Peebles said...

Hey Ian, missing ya but so excited you're having a good time. Can't wait to hear about the build!! Kurt is now home, Mitch is now at camp. We have a revolving door here! Have a great time this week as you do what you love to do!! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

mmmm maybe we'll have hamburgers from Homer's for supper... good idea paul! ha ha - seriously though - TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!!! - Now you've been told!
Jo and Ian

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul,

Missing family is part of going away but remember this experience is very short and make the most of it...sounds like a blast...be safe your much younger sister K.

Anonymous said...

dear dadddy ,
i miss you veryyyy much :)
whenever im tanning by the pool it is very quiet without the sound of your tractor!
sounds like your having a blast
cant wait to see you :)
2 more daysssss !!
love you
your favourite daughter, shelby <333